The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has extended the date for KYC updation for the latest Fastag. NHAI has launched a campaign named “One Vehicle, One FASTag” to keep single-car owners out of the multiple FASTag scheme.
After completing the KYC procedure, residents will be immediately connected to the One Vehicle, One FASTag initiative.
What is the last date for FASTag KYC
The deadline for OneVehicle OneFASTag initiative and completing KYC updation for your latest FASTag has been extended till February 29, 2024. Earlier the deadline for KYC updation was January 31, 2024.
— NHAI_Official (@NHAI_Official)
Important FAQs on FASTag KYC, according to the Indian Highway Management Company (IHML) website.
What will happen if I have not upgraded my KYC post 2 years of completion as a Non-KYC wallet customer?
You will be restricted from recharging the wallet if you have not upgraded your KYC post 2 years of completion as a Non-KYC wallet customer. But you will be able to use the existing balance for toll transactions till your tags are marked “Low Balance” and blocked from using further.
How do I update my KYC?
If you need to update your KYC details to upgrade from Non – KYC customer to Full – KYC customer, please follow these steps:
- You can login via the dedicated customer web portal in the provided link https://fastag.ihmcl.com and use your registered mobile number and password or OTP based validation to login into the IHMCL customer portal.
- Once you login to the IHMCL customer portal, you can view the Dashboard Menu and in the left side Menu of the Dashboard, select the “My Profile” option, post which the “My Profile” page will be displayed.In that “My Profile” page, you can see the status of your KYC and all the profile details that you have submitted during the Registration process.
- In the same page, you need to click the ‘KYC’ sub-section next to ‘Profile’ sub-section. Then, in the ‘KYC’ sub-section, you need to select the “Customer Type” and then fill the mandatory fields by submitting the required ID Proof and Address Proof documents along with your passport size Photo and Address (as per Address Proof).
Before submission of these details, you must mandatorily tick the “Declaration: I/We confirm the attached documents are authentic documents. I/We have the originals with us” for proceeding further with the KYC verification process.
How much time will it take for my KYC request to get processed?
Your KYC will be processed in maximum 7 working days from the date of submission of your request for KYC upgrade.Post submission of KYC request, you can check the status of your KYC in the “My Profile” page of the Customer portal itself.
If all your submitted documents are valid and matches with the information as provided by you during the KYC updation and Customer Registration, then your KYC verification will be accepted and your KYC status will get changed.
If there is any mismatch in the information provided or if submitted documents are not proper/valid, then your KYC will get rejected and the same will be alerted to you for updating again in the same manner.
What are the documents needed to apply for FASTag?
You will need to carry original as well as copy of your KYC document
You need to submit the following documents along with the application for FASTag:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle.
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner.
- KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner:
- Online Portal for customers.