Summer is here! And many of us are waiting to make the most of it and escape the scorching heat by scheduling a travel plan. As restrictions on country-specific travels are lifted, there has been a rising interest in international travels.
Despite the fact that the deadly virus wrecked the travel industry which contributes significantly to GDP, travellers are now starting to dream again of beaches, mountains and monuments. This pent-up demand seems to be boosting travel insurance too. Compared to the pre-pandemic era, more international travellers seem to be buying insurance now.
Today, travel is part of academic, personal and business life, hence students, executives and tourists are likely to buy compulsory travel insurance policies as countries open their borders for unrestricted travel. With Covid-19 running roughshod on global travel, it has become more important to add travel insurance in your to-do list for a hassle-free trip.
Considering the risks associated with travelling in a foreign land, it is crucial for a traveller to cover him/ her from potential financial losses due to theft, loss of travel documents/ passport for a wholesome trip. Travel insurance policy can cover for medical expenses overseas, hijack, baggage, travel delays due to repatriations/ evacuation to India, etc.
With Covid-19 and its evolving variants, consider buying travel insurance before you plan your next vacation. To choose the best policy, it is important to understand different Travel insurance plans. Here are some options:
- Domestic Travel Insurance: Domestic travel insurance is an insurance offered to customers for travel within India. It is a policy which protects the policy holder in case of problems while travelling. It provides coverage for medical emergencies during the course of travel, permanent disability and death, baggage loss, travel delay and personal liability.
- International Travel Insurance: It is important to get yourself insured before you board on a foreign trip for any purpose. A travel insurance provides you protection against any unseen medical or non-medical emergencies during the trip.
- Individual Travel Insurance: This is an important policy to buy when you are travelling abroad alone. It offers various benefits along with normal benefits like emergency medical expenses, return to home country in case of medical emergency, any dental emergency expenses following an accident, compensation following accidental injuries, baggage loss and other benefits.
- Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance (Corporate Travel Insurance): Employees of any corporate or organisation can get coverage for international travel under annual multi-trip travel insurance.
- Student Travel Insurance: This is a policy for students who are travelling abroad for further studies. It offers comprehensive coverage in the form of expenses incurred on medical treatment, passport loss and other reasons leading to study interruptions.
- Senior Citizen Travel Insurance: This insurance caters to the age group of people between 61 and 70. It offers coverage for dental treatment and cashless hospitalisation along with normal travel insurance coverage.
- Family Travel Insurance: This is a policy for the entire family. It offers coverage for hospitalisation, baggage loss, and other incidental expenses.
To make your journey safe and relaxing
, this should be the first step as you plan your most awaited trip. Next time you surf the internet for the best destination to visit, look for travel insurance policies that fit your travel requirements Source Link