Many banks offer doorstep banking services to their customers especially to senior citizens and disabled customers. The State Bank of India (SBI) has announced that it will now allow differently abled customers to avail doorstep banking services thrice in a month for free.
According to the latest SBI tweet, “SBI at your doorstep!!! For differently abled customers, SBI is here to help with free “Door Step Banking Services” 3 times in a month. Know more – https://bank.sbi/dsb”
SBI at your doorstep!!! For differently abled customers, SBI is here to help with free “Door Step Banking Services”… https://t.co/UpUl40ZCyF
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) 1660564308000
These are the services available via the doorstep banking facility:
- Cash pickup.
- Cash delivery.
- Cheque pickup
- Cheque requisition Slip pickup.
- Form 15H pickup.
- Delivery of Drafts.
- Delivery of Term Deposit Advice
- Life Certificate Pickup.
- KYC documents pickup.
Doorstep Banking Services are available at select branches.
SBI doorstep banking features
- Registration should be done at home branch
- Cash withdrawal and deposit transactions are limited to a daily maximum of Rs 20,000.
- The bank will charge a service fees each visit are Rs. 60 + GST for non-financial transactions and Rs. 100 + GST for financial transactions.
- Cheques or withdrawal forms with Passbook will be accepted for withdrawals.
- The delivery will be made with the utmost care, but not later than T+1 working day (holidays excluded).
Who cannot avail doorstep banking services:
- Joint Accounts operated jointly, Former /Survivor and Later /Survivor
- Minors’ Accounts including under Guardianship
- Accounts operated through Power of Attorney
- Non-KYC compliant Accounts & Inoperative Accounts.
- Savings Bank Accounts opened under MACT Claims / LISSA
- NRI / Foreign National Account holder
2 Non-Individual Customers like Trust, HUF, Associations etc.
- Accounts having status as Stop and/or Hold
- Illiterate Customers
How to book doorstep banking through toll free number
The service request can be made at Toll Free Number 1800 1111 03 between 9 am to 4 pm on working days at the centre, according to the SBI website.
How SBI customers can book doorstep banking through YONO app
Step 1: Open the SBI Yono App and login
Step 2: Go to the Services request menu
Step 3: Select Doorstep Banking Service
Step 4: Click on request for cheque pick up or cash pick up
Customers who intend to use doorstep banking should make sure they won’t pay the Agent anything for the services. Customers should also divulge any information to DSA, including Account No., Account Details, ATM Card/PIN Details, etc.