According to a Press Information Bureau press release dated August 5, 2022, “The central government offices in the state will be closed on August 9, 2022 on the occasion of Muharram. This was informed by central government Employees Welfare Coordinating Committee in Thiruvananthapuram. This is on the basis that the state government rescheduling the Muharram holiday on the 9th instead of the earlier 8th.”
Central govt holidays in August 2022
As per the Central Government Dopt orders on holidays 2022, the holiday of Muharram falls on August 9, 2022, (Tuesday), National holiday of Independence Day falls on 15th August 2022 (Monday) and the holiday of Janmashtami falls on 19th August 2022 (Friday) declared as Gazetted Holiday for central govt offices in India for the month of August 2022
How many central govt gazetted holidays in August 2022?
Three days have been declared as Gazetted Holiday for Central Govt offices in India during the month of August 2022.
1. Muharram – 9.8.2022 (Tuesday)
2. Independence Day – 15.8.2022 (Monday)
3. Janmashtami – 19.8.2022 (Friday).
How many central govt restricted holidays in August 2022?
Four days have been declared as restricted holidays for Central Govt offices in India during the month of August 2022.
1. Raksha Bandhan – 11.8.2022 (Thursday),
2. Parsi New Year’s day / Nauraj – 16.8.2022 (Tuesday),
3. Janmashtami (Smarta) – 18.8.2022 (Thursday),
4. Vinayaka Chaturthi / Ganesh Chaturthi – 31.8.2022 (Wednesday).