Thanks to a government modification to the Flag Code of India, the Indian flag may now fly at homes throughout the day and night. The Tricolour could previously only be flown exclusively between sunrise and dusk. According to the Ministry of Culture website, “‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ is a campaign under the
of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to encourage people to bring the Tiranga home and to hoist it to mark the 75th year of India’s independence. The idea behind the initiative is to invoke the feeling of patriotism in the hearts of the people and to promote awareness about the Indian National Flag.”
The customer must place an order on the post office website, pay for it, and have the flags delivered from the closest post office that has them in stock, according to a notification by the Department of Post issued on July 28, 2022. “The delivery of National Flag will be made free of cost to customer,” the Department stated.
According to the Department of Post, “The Department proposes to sale of National Flags under “Har Ghar Tiranga” Campaign from its ePostoffice Portal. The customer shall order on this portal, make payment and delivery of Flags shall be effected from the nearest Post Office where Flags are available.”
How to buy National flag on India Post website
According to the tweet by India Post, “Visit your nearest Post Office to purchase Tiranga or order online at https://bit.ly/3QhgK3r.”
Visit your nearest Post Office to purchase Tiranga or order online at https://t.co/hQ5fSU7A1E.#IndiaPost4Tiranga #AmritMahotsav
— India Post (@IndiaPostOffice) 1660021672000
Step 1: Click on the link and register
Step 2: Login using the credentials
Step 3: Under ‘products’ click on ‘National Flag’ and Add to cart
or Click here
Step 4 : Click on ‘Buy now’, enter the mobile number again and verify the OTP
Step 5: Click on ‘Proceed to Payment’
Step 6: Make payment of Rs 25 using desired mode.
To facilitate the sales and distribution of Tiranga under #HarGharTiranga Campaign, all Post Offices will function… https://t.co/AKzg77tvQv
— India Post (@IndiaPostOffice) 1660021671000
Things to note
- The sale price of the Flag is Rs. 25 per piece. There is no GST on the Flag.
- User need to specify address of delivery, quantity ofthe Flags, (maximum of 5 Flags per customer initially) to be purchased and his,/her mobile number.
- Once order is placed. no cancellation would be possible.
- The delivery of National Flag will be made free of cost to customer.
- Circle Region/Division will make arrangement for delivery of Flag at the address as mentioned in the invoices received from Sansad Marg HO, under proper acquittance. Tracking facility to this service is not available.