Banks will be closed for 15 days in August 2022, added to this after a long time, there a long holiday weekend also falls during the month. This is why it becomes imperative that you plan all of your bank-related tasks to prevent any delays.
There are certain bank holidays that are state-specific and others where all banks in the nation are closed. Only on August 15 in observance of Independence Day banks will be closed nationwide. State-wise holidays include Muharram, Raksha Bandhan, Janmashtami, Parsi New Year, and Ganesh Chaturthi.
According to the Reserve
‘s (RBI) holiday schedule, all commercial and public sector banks across different states will be closed for 13 days this month, excluding the second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays.
- August 1, 2022 (Monday)- Drukpa Tshe-zi- Banks are closed in Sikkim and Srinagar
- August 8, 2022 (Monday)- Muharram (Ashoora)- Banks are closed in Jammu and Srinagar
- August 9, 2022 (Tuesday)- Muharram (Ashoora)- Tripura, Gujarat, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Hyderabad, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bengal, Lucknow, New Delhi, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand.
- August 11, 2022 (Thursday) Raksha Bandhan- Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh.
- August 12, 2022 (Friday)- Raksha Bandhan- Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh.
- August 13, 2022 (Saturday) Patriot’s Day- Manipur
- August 15, 2022 MOndady- National holiday
- August 16, 2022 (Tuesday)- Parsi New Year (Shahenshahi)- Maharashtra
- August 18, 2022 (Thursday)- Janmashtami- Orissa, Uttarakhand, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh
- August 19, 2022 (Friday) – Janmashtami (Shravan Vad-8)/Krishna Jayanthi- Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chandigarh, Tamil Nadu, Sikkim, Rajasthan, Jammu, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand, Meghalaya, Himachal Pradesh, and Srinagar.
- August 20, 2022 (Monday)- Sri Krishna Ashtami- Hyderabad
- August 29, 2022 (Monday) Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva- Assam
- August 31, 2022, (Wednesday)- Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha)/Ganesh Chaturthi/Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata/Vinayakar Chathurthi- Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and Goa